Age Concern Wellington exists to promote the rights, wellbeing and quality of life for older people in the Wellington region and to promote positive attitudes to ageing in the community.
- An accredited volunteer visitor service that offers friendship for older people who would like more company.
- An Elder Abuse and Neglect Prevention Education service that delivers sessions to raise awareness in the wider community about elder abuse and neglect. Training also covers elder abuse and neglect prevention, increasing recognition and appropriate responses to elder abuse and neglect.
- A Community Support Service to help solve problems, explore options and suggest positive outcomes for older people.
- A Community Education Programme that provides educational programmes covering Powers of Attorney and a range of issues commonly faced by older people.
- Safe With Age Driving Courses for the mature road user.
- We work with local authorities (Porirua, Hutt City, Upper Hutt and Wellington), health and housing providers and a wide range of voluntary and advocacy groups.
Our Latest Magazines
Click on the covers below to read the magazines online or download to your computer.