Helping our seniors connect with their community in an important part of what we do and now it’s more important than ever. Fortunately, some of our most isolated and vulnerable people in the community are already connected with volunteers through our Volunteer Visitor Service. However, since the Covid-19 pandemic, many more people need volunteer support.
What we’re doing
- Help with shopping and essential items – We’re connecting seniors who need help with shopping with volunteers in their area to ensure they are able to stay safe at home if they need to.
- Advice and support – we’re continuing to give advice and support to seniors by phone and email on the contacts below.
- Become a phone friend – volunteer to give someone a regular call to make sure they’re okay and keep their spirits up. Whether you’re older or younger it’s nice to have a friendly chat.
- Become a pen pal – bring joy to someone’s day and rediscover the lost art of letter writing. Letters can be sent by email and NZ Post when possible. We match people who would like to keep in touch through a regular letter.
- Our regular email newsletter provides information, encouragement and entertainment! If you use email please subscribe to our newsletter.
- Helping seniors stay fit with our online Steady As You Go exercise class – click here to watch and join in on YouTube.
If you would like to volunteer, please complete the form below so we know where you are and how you’d like to help.
Please keep in touch with what’s happening through our email newsletter. Subscribe here.
Yes I'd like to help!
Thank you for volunteering – together we can build a stronger community for the future