Age Concern Wellington staff recently joined many of you for a one hour hands-on Spin Poi workshop. The session was led by poi and health exponent Dr. Kate Riegle van West. Poi is said to improve your physical and mental wellbeing. We attempted poi moves which challenged our bodies and minds, learned about Poi for balance and health benefits, the different styles of Poi practiced worldwide, and had a lot of slightly uncoordinated fun while giving Poi a go. Thank you to everyone who joined us and helped make the event a success!
Age Concern Wellington Spins
Share this post
- Best Friends in Wainuiomata
- Memoir Writing
- Wednesdays is Age Concern Day for Allan
- Annette and Friends
- Walking in Lower Hutt
- Like Family – Janice and Vinny (and Molly)
- How to Make Friends When You are Old
- Changes to Banking Services
- No Need to Miss Out on Walking
- Psychological First Aid
- Home Invasion – Keeping Yourself Safe at Home
- Covid-19 and Mental Wellbeing
- What Are We Saving For?
- Older People – Valuable Contributors in Families
- The Changing Shape of Families
- Covid-19 – How Have Older People Been Affected?
- Improving Sleep
- Coffee Groups Allow Open Discussion
- Concerns for Lonely Elderly Post-Lockdown