Age Concern Wellington staff recently joined many of you for a one hour hands-on Spin Poi workshop. The session was led by poi and health exponent Dr. Kate Riegle van West. Poi is said to improve your physical and mental wellbeing. We attempted poi moves which challenged our bodies and minds, learned about Poi for balance and health benefits, the different styles of Poi practiced worldwide, and had a lot of slightly uncoordinated fun while giving Poi a go. Thank you to everyone who joined us and helped make the event a success!
Age Concern Wellington Spins
Share this post
- Ready for an Emergency?
- Covid-19 and the AVS
- Falls Prevention
- A Few Legal Terms Explained
- Grief and Loss
- Sleep and Healthy Ageing
- Karori Karnival
- Age Concern Wellington Spins
- Companion Walking Service Update
- Take a walk with us!
- Get password smart!
- The benefits of volunteering in retirement
- Grandmothers are essential for society
- The Conman Who Came to Stay
- International Day of Older Persons
- A Cautionary Tale – lock the doors when you are in the garden
- Surfing the Net may keep Mind Healthier
- Living a Healthy Life with Diabetes – a Juggling Act!
- Teeth and the Elderly
- Pacific Island Exercise Group