Age Concern Wellington staff recently joined many of you for a one hour hands-on Spin Poi workshop. The session was led by poi and health exponent Dr. Kate Riegle van West. Poi is said to improve your physical and mental wellbeing. We attempted poi moves which challenged our bodies and minds, learned about Poi for balance and health benefits, the different styles of Poi practiced worldwide, and had a lot of slightly uncoordinated fun while giving Poi a go. Thank you to everyone who joined us and helped make the event a success!
Age Concern Wellington Spins
Share this post
- Thank You Volunteers!
- Understanding Dementia
- Making Garden Connections
- Thank you Wellington, you’re Making a Difference this Christmas
- Age Concern Wellington Region in the News!
- MANA U3A
- It’s Te Wiki Kaumātua – Seniors’ Week
- Happy Second Birthday Companion Walking Service!
- Age Concern Wellington Region in the News
- Val – Caring Kaitiaki
- WORK FOR SENIORS
- Best Friends in Wainuiomata
- Memoir Writing
- Wednesdays is Age Concern Day for Allan
- Annette and Friends
- Walking in Lower Hutt
- Like Family – Janice and Vinny (and Molly)
- How to Make Friends When You are Old
- Changes to Banking Services
- No Need to Miss Out on Walking